Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fleur de Skirt

There is something so romantic about wild flowers and when I saw this fabric my heart immediately leaped to visions of designs to create this sleek, feminine A-line skirt.


A perfect first project to share with my new love affair- my serger!


Although I was tempted a few times to go back to my trusty sewing machine, I stood strong and used my serger for every part of this shirt.

From the side hems

Add Image


To the rolled hem bottom

My personal favorite touch :)


I even used the serger to make my wide band elastic casing, which I only had to rip out and start over once! Seam ripping and manual re-reading considered, I was still astonished by how quickly I turned out this skirt using the serger for the first time and designing my own pattern!

I don't know what I love more my serger or my new skirt?!



It also helps that I just really love the wild flower pattern on this cotton fabric and how lovely it looks with the form fitting a-line skirt!


But not too form fitting for a game of hide and seek of course!


As you can see, I'm not a very creative hider though :)

4 comments:

  1. wow super cute skirt! I cannot wait for my serger to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I just got a serger too. I've only used it a few times, but I have big plans for it...if only I wasn't so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the blue shirt with it. You've made a Jessicreation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I love rolled hems, too. Would you mind sharing the fabric make, please? I just adore it :). And your skirt looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails