Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ZIP-a-dee-doo-dah skirt!

My, oh my what a wonderful day!


Sometimes things just happen for a reason. But, isn't it usually the case that when the thing is happening, for the life of you, you cannot see a reason in sight! Over the last two weeks our computer has slowly been existing on the fading strings of life support. On Saturday night "Pute's" clicker stopped clicking leaving his loved ones behind without a place to go to check email, search the web and blog all about it.... it was a sad and lonely weekend.

So why zip-a-dee-doo-dah?? Well, let me tell you!! In my period of mourning, I decided to splurge and buy brand new fabric that totally inspired me to do the one sensibly thing that always makes me feel better.

So I did.

I turned to the one machine that I knew would lift my spirits and have me in stitches in no time (I couldn't resist a teensy pun). And I am SO GLAD I DID!!! Look at this lovely spring skirt I made!




The best part of all is that I actually didn't intend for this to be a skirt. I was going to sew matching shirts for Sienna and me, but after looking at the fabric long enough I just really wanted it to be a skirt. Do you ever do that?





I never thought I'd say this, but luckily in this case, my measurements for my bust and waist are close enough that I could fairly easily convert it to a skirt even though I had already made a few cuts in the fabric. It was just a tad tight pulling over my hips, so I knew what I had to do and I didn't like it... not one bit. But considering I had no alternatives (where things happen for a reason come in), I had no choice but to tackle sewing in a ZIPPER!!!


Would you believe me if I said it was ridiculously EASY?! Why was I so afraid of this before? I was so excited that I figured it out on my first try with honestly no trouble at all that Sienna and I just had to dance all around with me in my new skirt singing "zip-a-dee-doo-dah" and it seems perfectly fitting to name the skirt as such :)

The skirt itself was pretty quick and easy, would anyone be interested in tutorials for this stuff?

1 comment:

  1. super cute skirt! i love when the fabric tells you what to make. I don't like when you don't know what to do with fabric! grr. lol would love a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails