Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! We had such a great time and were so grateful that we had the best friends to share the day with! We kicked off the celebration looking for the baskets from the Easter "Buddy" (according to Sienna.) Then headed off to church in their matching outfits that I made from an abandoned men's linen shirt.



The pattern for the dress couldn't have been easier. You could also knife pleat the bottom, but I really liked how the white lace ruffled at the bottom turned out.


I used a XXL shirt, so I had plenty of fabric left after I made the dress to sew matching pants for Jonah. Sleeves became legs, add a little elastic and it's just that easy!

















Not only were they cute, but I think they were quite functional too. Sienna seemed to have no trouble lunging to rescue the hidden egg, while delicately posing to show off how she paired her blue paisley dress with her favorite pink "cow" boots.

We're all still a little tired from the endless candy, chocolate and missed naps, but I have to say it sure was a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails